Diary of an overland journey from Herman, Minnesota to California.
Skinner's diary begins with his departure from Herman, Minnesota, in the company of about three hundred emigrants. His narrative is thorough and descriptive as he travels by boat and wagon train. Two partial transcripts are maintained in the accession files. The transcribers are unknown and their transcriptions are not authoritative.
- May 14, 1849 to January 10, 1850
- Skinner, Hugh Alexander (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 volume (90 pages, 16 cm, Handwritten.)
RH VLT MS B8
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift. James E. Griffin, Jr, December, 1961.
To read last 12 pages, reverse and invert.
- Guide to the Hugh Alexander Skinner Collection
- Diary of an overland journey from Herman, Minnesota to California.
- lgg 2C March 1973 mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Hugh Alexander Skinner Collection, Kansas Collection, RH Vlt MS B8, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas