Personal Papers of Erasmus Haworth
Haworth taught Physical Geography at the University of Kansas from 1882-1920. This collection consists of a manuscript God Still Lives.
- Creation: 1892 - 1920
- Haworth, Erasmus, 1855-1932 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Erasmus Haworth
Haworth received his B.S. in 1881 and his M.S. in 1884, both from KU. He received his Ph.D. in 1888 from Johns Hopkins. He joined the faculty of KU in 1892, reaching full Professor status in 1894, when he also taught geology, mineralogy, and mining. That same year he also became the Superintendent of the Geological Survey. He retired in 1920.
.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of the Kansas Geological Survey, 1992
- Guide to the Erasmus Haworth Collection
- Personal Papers of Erasmus Haworth
- Finding aid prepared by ad, 2005 Finding aid encoded by ad, 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Erasmus Haworth Collection, University Archives, PP 370, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries