"A Thousand Years of Erlaheim"/"Tausend Jahre Erlaheim"
This collection consists of the manuscript volume "Tausend Jahre Erlaheim" written by William Zirkel, and its English translation completed by Lisbeth Sass, with a forward by Vansel S. Johnson dated from 1960. The volumes include mounted illustrations, facsimiles, maps, photographs, and text regarding the history of Erlaheim in Ravensburg, Germany. Johnson's ancestors, the Johannes family, came to Valley Falls, Kansas in the 1860s from Erlaheim.
- 1956, 1960
- Zirkel, Wilhelm (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Language of Materials
RH MS E128
RH MS D181
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Vansel S. Johnson, October 1961.
Volumes transferred from FKB H2 St82zt2 1956 and FKB St82ztZ 1960.
- Johnson, Vansel S. (Donor, Person)
- Guide to the Wilhelm Zirkel Collection
- "A Thousand Years of Erlaheim"/"Tausend Jahre Erlaheim"
- Finding aid prepared by chh, 13 September 1977. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2005. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Wilhelm Zirkel Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS E128, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
- 2020-09-24: Consolidated 2 EADs, mwh
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States