Letters about Carry Nation and her campaigns
Most of the letters are in response to an advertisement in the Wichita Eagle (May, 1966) for information about Carry Nation to be used in an opera by Douglas Moore (available in the Kansas Collection: RH D2753).
- Gilmore, Lance (Compiler, Person)
- Gorton, Dean (Compiler, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (5 items)
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
Names mentioned in the letters include:
- Lance Gilmore (addressee)
- Dean Gorton (addressee)
- Douglas Moore (addressee)
- Carrie B. Fitch
- Myra McHenry
- Mrs. Cecil B. Prier
- Mrs. F. H. Reeves
- George E. Smysor
- Ruth Stout
RH MS P101
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts from Dean Gorton and Lance Gilmore.
Information about Carry Nation to be used in an opera by Douglas Moore (available in the Kansas Collection: RH D2753).
- Guide to the Carry Nation Collection
- Letters about Carry Nation and her campaigns
- kpz 3 January 1973; mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Carry Nation Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P101 , Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States