ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) Lawrence records
The national American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) organization was founded in 1920 to protect individual rights guaranteed in the constitution. This collection contains files of the Lawrence (Kansas) chapter of the ACLU including correspondence, newsletters, case files and miscellaneous materials about the ACLU Lawrence branch.
- 1963 - 1974
- American Civil Liberties Union.. Lawrence Chapter. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1.25 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
RH MS 858
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Floyd Horowitz, 1992
- Guide to the ACLU Lawrence Chapter Collection
- ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) Lawrence records
- Finding aid prepared by jtf, 2006; Finding aid encoded by jtf, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
ACLU Lawrence Chapter Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 858, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States