Chilocco Indian School photograph collection
Chilocco Indian School opened in Oklahoma Territory, also known as Indian Territory, in 1884. Federally operated like the Haskell Institute in Lawrence, Kansas, the Chilocco boarding school emphasized agricultural training for Native American students, rather than trades. The school closed in 1980. This collection includes photographs of students' school activities, dating from approximately the 1910s.
- approximately 1910-1920
- Chilocco Indian School (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.5 linear foot (83 photographs in 1 document case)
Language of Materials
RH PH 122
- Chilocco Indian School -- Photographs
- Guide to the Chilocco Indian School Collection
- Chilocco Indian School photograph collection
- Finding aid prepared by rw 2008. Finding aid encoded by rw 2008. Finding aid revised by dsw, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Chilocco Indian School photographs, RH PH 122, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States