Personal papers of Charles Kahn
Kahn taught in the School of Architecture and Design at the University of Kansas from 1968-1991. This collection consists of correspondence, conferences and design programs, and information about the Environmental Research Foundation.
- Creation: 1968 - 1991
- Kahn, Charles, 1926-2021 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
These materials are stored in the KU Annex off-site storage area.
All researchers interested in reviewing this material must consult Spencer Research Library Public Services staff (785-864-4334 or firstname.lastname@example.org, 9-5 M-F CST) no less than three days in advance of a planned visit. Be advised that drop-in requests for this material cannot be accommodated.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Charles H. Kahn
Kahn received his B.A. from North Carolina University in 1946, his Bachelors of Civil Enigineering from North Carolina State University in 1948, his M.S. in Structures from M.I.T. in 1949, and his Bachelors in Architecture from North Carolina State in 1956. He joined the faculty of the University of Kansas as the Dean of the School of Architecture and Design and a Professor of Architecture in 1968. He retired in 1991.
1 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Annex (Contact Spencer Library Public Services)
- University of Kansas. School of Architecture and Urban Design (Organization)
- Environmental Research and Development Foundation (Organization)
- Guide to the Charles Kahn Collection
- Personal papers of Charles Kahn
- Finding aid prepared by ad, 2005. Finding aid encoded by ad, 2005. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Personal papers of Charles Kahn, University Archives, PP 295, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas