Clifford T. Davis letters
Call Number: RH MS 661
Clifford T. Davis, a lifetime resident of Lawrence, Kansas, served in Europe during World War II as a medic. During his service, he maintained a steady correspondence with his wife, Josephine M. (Votaw) Davis (1921-1988), whom he had married on July 4, 1941. The collection includes his letters to her and their baby, Nanci Jo, who was born while Clifford was abroad. Josephine Davis was from Hesper, Kansas and was an elementary school teacher.
- 1942 - 1946
- Davis, Clifford T. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1.25 Linear Feet (3 document cases + 1 oversize folder)
RH MS 661
RH MS R135
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Charles Apfelbaum
- Guide to the Cliff Davis Collection
- Clifford T. Davis letters
- Finding aid prepared by rlf, 2006. Finding aid encoded by rlf, 2006. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Clifford T. Davis letters, Kansas Collection, RH MS 661, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas