Foster brothers collection
This collection includes the correspondence of J.B. Henry and E.B. Foster between 1890 and 1902. The letters concern business transactions, family news, newspaper clippings, and mineral discoveries. Also includes 13 letters between March 21st and April 20th, 1896, concerning lobbying attempts to secure oil lease rights on Osage tribal land in Kansas as well as newspaper clippings and three packets of zinc mineral samples.
- 1890 - 1902
- Foster, J. B., active 1890-1902 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.5 Linear Feet (1 document case)
Language of Materials
RH MS 1277
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Ronald N. Tagney, 2000.
This collection was previously housed at 2001-01-01.
- Guide to the Foster Brothers Collection
- Foster brothers collection
- Finding aid prepared by brch, 2012. Finding aid encoded by brch, 2012. Finding aid revised by eear, 2013. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Foster brothers collection, RH MS 1277, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States