Dorothy L. Hayes papers
The Dorothy L. Hayes papers are those of a native Kansan and document her life in the first half of the twentieth century.
- 1910 - 1991
- Hayes, Dorothy L. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Dorothy L. Hayes
Dorothy Louise Crawford was born to Henry Clay and Dorothy Leoria (Page) Crawford. She graduated from Buchanan School in 1941. Dorothy L. Crawford married Norman J. Withers Hayes; the couple had four children: Craig William, Jacqueline Leora, Janet Louise, and Jean Marie.
.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The Dorothy L. Hayes papers date from 1910 to 1991 and consist of such items as programs, genealogical material, and albums. Folder arrangement is alphabetical by subject.
RH MS 1033
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dorothy L. Hayes, 1997
- Guide to the Dorothy L. Hayes Collection
- Dorothy L. Hayes papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007, revised by mbw, 2009.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Dorothy L. Hayes Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1033, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States