WPA historic records survey, Douglas County records
A collection of survey forms completed in fulfillment of the Survey of State and Local Historic Records, Kansas Historical Records Survey administered by the Works Progress Administration (WPA). The survey focused on finding and providing brief descriptions of historically significant records from each county within Kansas. All materials in this collection are pertinent to Douglas County only and are photocopies of originals held at the Kansas State Historical Society.
- Kansas Historical Records Survey (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 linear foot (1 box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Copied from originals held at Kansas State Historical Society, 1981.
Existence and Location of Originals
Original records available as part of the Records of the U.S. Works Project Administration, State Archives, Kansas Historical Society.
Previously shelved at RH MS 330.
- Guide to the WPA Historic Records Survey, Douglas County Collection
- WPA historic records survey, Douglas County records
- Finding aid prepared by smf, 2007. Finding aid encoded by smf, 2007. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
WPA Historic Records Survey, Douglas County Collection, RH MS 939, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas