Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office records
The Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office implements city and county comprehensive plans by developing and administering zoning codes, regulations, plans and policies. It guides land use planning principles and practices and supports city and county commissions, including the Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission. These records document city and county planning for the 1980s which include the redevelopment plans for downtown Lawrence, Kansas.
- 1961 - 2000
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
7.5 Linear Feet (8 boxes)
Language of Materials
RH MS 855
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office, 2000-2001
- Guide to the Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office Collection
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office records
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mab, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 855, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States