Pastor D. D. Miller papers
The Papers of Pastor D. D. Miller are those of a Baptist pastor who held posts at various churches in Kansas. He was also an active NAACP member.
- 1973 - 1986
- Miller, D. D. (Pastor) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Pastor D. D. Miller
Pastor D. D. Miller moved from Topeka to Wichita, Kansas where began as Progressive Missionary Baptist Church's pastor in June 1971. The next year, he became president of the Wichita branch NAACP. He later left Progressive and became pastor at Calvary Baptist Church, Kansas City, Kansas. Pastor Miller and wife Doris had six children: Ricky, Judy, Charlotte, Anthony, Louise, and Sherby.
.25 Linear Feet (1 box (7 folders))
Scope and Contents
The Papers of Pastor D.D. Miller date from 1973 to 1986 and are arranged in a single series. They consist of clippings, church information, and June-teenth information. Folder arrangement is alphabetical by subject.
RH MS 1128
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Pastor D. D. Miller, 1986
Previously shelved at: RH MS 459
- Guide to the Pastor D. D. Miller Collection
- Pastor D. D. Miller papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Pastor D. D. Miller Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1128, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries