"This is America: the 60s in Lawrence, Kansas" research notes
This collection contains subject files, research notes, card files, photocopied primary source material, and other records generated by Rusty Monhollon, at the time a University of Kansas doctoral student, related to research for and production of his monograph This is America? : The 60s in Lawrence, Kansas.
- circa 2000-2002
- Monhollon, Rusty L. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
3.25 Linear Feet (4 boxes + 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
Rusty Monhollon used several acronyms while conducting his research surrounding life in Lawrence, Kansas and on the University of Kansas' campus during the 1960s. These acronyms are for institutions from which Monhollon gathered information as well as for organizations, institutions, and individuals about whom Monhollon wrote and conducted his research. They include
- AWS: Associated Women Students
- BSU: Black Student Union
- CHS: Chicago Historical Society
- CSW: Commission on the Status of Women
- DCHS: Douglas County Historical Society
- ELC: E. Laurence Chalmers
- ERA: Equal Rights Amendment
- FHCC: Fair Housing Coordinating Committee
- LDJW: Lawrence Daily Journal-World
- LHRC: Lawrence Human Rights Commission
- LLPD: Lawrence League for the Practice of Democracy
- NAACP: National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- PCCU: President's Commission on Campus Unrest
- RFE: Robert F. Ellsworth
- SDNE: Sons and Daughters of New England
- SDS: Students for a Democratic Society
- UA: University Archives
- UCA: University Christian Movement
- UDK: University Daily Kansan
RH MS 877
RH MS R234
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Rusty Monhollon, 2003.
- Guide to the "This is America: The 60s in Lawrence, Kansas" Collection
- "This is America: the 60s in Lawrence, Kansas" research notes
- Finding aid prepared by RH, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
"This is America: the 60s in Lawrence, Kansas" research notes, RH MS 877, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries.
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States