Vinland, Kansas history scrapbook and records
Through photocopies of newspaper articles and photographs, stories of settlers and essays, the Vinland, Kansas history scrapbook describes the history of Vinland, Douglas County, Kansas, and the Coal Creek Valley area from its beginnings as a settlement of abolitionists in 1854 until 1998. The collection also includes other publications written about Vinland's history and obituaries of area residents from the 1960s to the 1990s.
- 1907 - 1998
- Randel, Vernell Hagerman (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.75 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
RH MS 1077
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, Vernell Hagerman Randel; 1994, 1998
- Guide to the Vinland Kansas History Collection
- Vinland, Kansas history scrapbook and records
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mab, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Vinland Kansas History Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1077, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries