Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee papers
The collection is arranged chronologically and contains minutes of meetings, clippings, petitions, and other manuscript materials documenting the activities of the organization.
- 1959 - 1967
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Administrative History of Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee
The Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee met informally for the first time in April, 1964 and was formally organized by October of that year. The Committee was most active from 1965-1967, finally dissolving with the adoption of an equal housing ordinance in Lawrence in 1968.
1 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
RH MS 174
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mrs. Thomas Moore, former officer of the Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee, 1975.
- African Americans -- Civil rights
- African Americans -- Housing
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence
- Civic improvement
- Community development -- Kansas -- Lawrence
- Discrimination in housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence
- Housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence
- Lawrence (Kan.)
- Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee (Lawrence, Kan.)
- Guide to the Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee Collection
- Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee papers
- nm June, 1975; mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 174 , Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States