Letters, newspaper clippings, photographs of Willard, Kansas
Items include clippings about a radio program to be made about the Rock Island freight train derailment, November 11, 1935, with consultation by Frank Stone, Jr. Clippings also include items about the wooden bridge, washed away in the 1951 flood and its replacement, the Willard State Bank, the Lynde Brothers general store, and other such news items. The Willard Ferry (granted a license to operate in 1866) is recalled in a letter to a Mrs. Louis. Lydia Rogers of Tucson, who resided in Willard from 1894-1904, recalls that the Willard Hotel was operated by a Mr. and Mrs. Nelson Gibson and that the general store was owned by a Mr. Blackburn.
- approximately 1866-1955
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (20 items + 1 folder (17 photos)) : Reproduced by xerography
RH MS P250
RH MS-P P250
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gerald H. Reser
- Guide to the Willard, Kansas Collection
- Letters, newspaper clippings, photographs of Willard, Kansas
- mg 7 January 1975; mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Willard, Kansas Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P250, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas