Black Values and Public Policy Project records
The Black Values and Public Policy Project records are those of a Kansas Committee for the Humanities funded University of Kansas project.
- 1976 - 1977
- Black Values and Public Policy Project (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Black Values and Public Policy Project
"Black Values and Public Policy: Education, Housing and Employment" was a project funded by the Kansas Committee for the Humanities and implemented by the University of Kansas African and African American Studies Department. Dr. Jacob Gordon served as the project's director.
0.5 Linear Feet (2 boxes + 22 audio cassette tapes, 6 audio reels)
Scope and Contents
The Black Values and Public Policy Project records date from 1976 to 1977, and include production information, filmstrip pieces, and slides. Audio recordings of interviews, panel discussions, and presentations are located at RH Cassette Tape 36 and RH Tape 35. The cassette tapes were transcribed in 2009 and are included with the records; each transcription also includes an index. Tapes 1, 3, 16, and 18 were not transcribed due to the tape's quality.
RH MS 1163
RH MS-P 1163
RH Cassette Tape 36
RH Tape 35
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Jacob Gordon, 1977
Previously shelved at: RH MS 267 and RH MS P722
- Guide to the Black Values and Public Policy Project Collection
- Black Values and Public Policy Project records
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; revised by skt, 2010; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007; revised by mbw, 2009; revised by skt, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Support for the processing of this collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Black Values and Public Policy Project Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1163, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries