Children's Hour, Inc. records
Children's Hour Inc. was a nursery school program in Lawrence, Kansas dedicated to serving low income or single parent family children. The Children's Hour was the first integrated nursery school in Lawrence.
- Creation: 1964 - 1970
- Children's Hour, Inc. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Children's Hour, Inc.
The Children's Hour nursery school program was started in 1964 by a group of concerned mothers. Originally an hour once a week, the program grew to a full time nursery school servicing low-income, single-income families who otherwise would not be able to afford nursery school. The Children's Hour was also one of the first racially integrated nurseries in Lawrence, Kansas.
1.25 Linear Feet (3 boxes + 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The Children's Hour, Inc records are divided into three series: Administrative records, Program records, and Photographic material. Administrative records include annual reports, steering committee records, and other material related to the management of the organization. Program records is comprised of material related to the production of Children's Hour programming, including session evaluations, rosters, and teaching notes. Photographs depict teachers and children engaged in program activities.
RH MS 714
RH MS-P 714
RH MS R152
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Hilda Enoch, 1996
- Guide to the Children's Hour Inc. Collection
- Children's Hour, Inc. records
- Finding aid prepared by bkm,2006; Finding aid encoded by bkm, 2006, revised by mbw, 2009, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Children's Hour, Inc. Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 714, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries