Consumer Affairs Association records
The Consumer Affairs Association was founded as a University of Kansas student organization in 1972. The organization acted as a Better Business Bureau for the Douglas County, Kansas area, working to resolve consumer-business and business-business disputes. The campus office of the Association closed in 1978, and by 1982 the organization was run independently of the University. The Association disbanded in 1991 due to funding shortages. The collection includes financial records, administrative records, subject and complaint files.
- 1972 - 1991
- Consumer Affairs Association (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
9.75 Linear Feet (18 boxes + 1 videocassette)
Language of Materials
RH MS 820
RH Video 11
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Julia Pitner, 1991.
- Guide to the Consumer Affairs Association Collection
- Consumer Affairs Association records
- Finding aid prepared by kac, 2006; revised by cl, 2010. Finding aid encoded by kac, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Consumer Affairs Association records, Kansas Collection, RH MS 820, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States