Personal Papers of Frank E. Melvin
Melvin taught Modern European History at the University of Kansas from 1914-1950. This collection contains class records, correspondence, and his postcard collection.
- Creation: 1904 - 1950
- Melvin, Frank Edgar, 1881- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Frank E. Melvin
Melvin received his A.B. in 1906 and his A.M. in 1909, both from KU. In 1913 he received his Ph.D. from Pennsylvania and joined the faculty of the Department of History in 1916. He reached full Professor status in 1949 and retired in 1950.
4 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
Language of Materials
- Guide to the Frank E. Melvin Collection
- Personal Papers of Frank E. Melvin
- Finding aid prepared by ad, 2005 Finding aid encoded by ad, 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Frank E. Melvin Collection, University Archives, PP 330, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries