Alternative Schools in Lawrence, Kansas
Call Number: RH MS 1225
This collection contains official records of the Lawrence Association for Innovative Education, a Lawrence, Kansas-based nonprofit, as well as newsletters, rosters, and publicity materials from associated schools.
- 1970 - 1980
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
History of the Lawrence Association for Innovative Education
Lawrence Association for Innovative Education was a nonprofit group committed to innovative educational projects in and around Lawrence, Kansas. The Association funded Lorien and Yarrow Alternative High Schools, which offered more personalized education for students struggling in the traditional classroom setting. The Yellow Brick Road daycare was also funded by the association because it was a co-operative school run by both parents and teachers.
3 Linear Feet (4 boxes + 2 oversize boxes)
RH MS 1225
RH MS Q360
RH MS R324
- Guide to the Lawrence Association for Innovative Education Collection
- Alternative Schools in Lawrence, Kansas
- Finding aid prepared by rh, 2012; el, 2012; revised by mwh, 2017.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lawrence Association for Innovative Education Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1225, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas