Lawrence Industrial Development Company records
The Lawrence Industrial Development Company, was a for-profit company formed in 1948 to attract industry to Lawrence, Kansas. The organization drew Burnett Instruments and the Westvaco Chemical Company, now the FMC Corporation, among others, to the community. This collection contains correspondence, legal, and financial documents.
- 1948 - 1993
- Lawrence Industrial Development Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restricitions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
3.5 Linear Feet (4 document cases + 1 oversize box)
Language of Materials
RH MS 742
RH MS Q178
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Cal Karlin, 2000
- Guide to the Lawrence Industrial Development Company Collection
- Lawrence Industrial Development Company records
- Finding aid prepared by rlf, 2006; revised by, cl 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lawrence Industrial Development Company Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 742, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States