Lois Lewis papers
The Lois Lewis papers are those of a Topeka, Kansas resident whose family was active in the city's Alpha Kappa Alpha chapter.
- Creation: 1960s-1970s
- Lewis, Lois (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Lois Lewis
Lois Lewis was a resident of Topeka, Kansas. Her family, especially her aunt Altha Perkins, was highly active in the Alpha Iota Omega chapter (Topeka, KS) of Alpha Kappa Alpha.
1 Linear Feet (1 box + 1 folder, 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The Papers of Lois Lewis date from the 1960s to 1970s and consist of a scrapbook, a program, and clippings. Items are arranged alphabetically. Photographs from the Collection are located at RH MS-P 1101 and RH MS-P 1101(f).
RH MS 1101
RH MS-P 1101
RH MS-P1101 (f)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Lois Lewis, 1990
- Perkins, Altha Hickman (Person)
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. Alpha Iota Omega Chapter (Washburn University) (Organization)
- Guide to the Lois Lewis Collection
- Lois Lewis papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008; revised by, cl 2010; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lois Lewis Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1101, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries