Shiloh Baptist Church records
The Records of Shiloh Baptist Church are those of a longtime Topeka, Kansas church.
- 1948 - 1987
- Shiloh Baptist Church (Topeka, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Shiloh Baptist Church
In 1881 an organization of Topeka, Kansas residents, who had met for prayer meetings since 1879, was granted a charter to conduct public worship. That same year, the group bought land and began building on the Church's present site at 1201 Buchanan in the heart of what originally was known as Tennessee Town. In 1926, the original church structure was razed; a new building was erected on the same site.
.5 Linear Feet (1 box + 1 oversize box)
Scope and Contents
The Shiloh Baptist Church records date from 1948 to 1987 and consist chiefly of service programs. Other items include programs from special events, miscellaneous booklets, and some clippings. Folders arrangement is alphabetical by topic. Oversize items from the collection are located at RH MS Q233.
RH MS 907
RH MS Q233
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Augustus J. Pearson, 1989
Souvenir program of the one hundredth anniversary of Shiloh Baptist Church, October 14-15, 1979. [Topeka, Kan.? : The Church?, 1979?], at RH D6245, Spencer Library (Kansas Collection).
Previously shelved at: RH MS 523
- Guide to the Shiloh Baptist Church Collection
- Shiloh Baptist Church records
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; revised by skt, 2010; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007; revised by skt, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Shiloh Baptist Church Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 907, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries