Frances Tomlin papers
The Papers of Frances Tomlin are those of a native Kansan who was highly active in Hutchinson.
- 1941 - 1989
- Tomlin, Frances (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Frances Tomlin
Frances Tomlin worked for the Reno County microfilm department in Hutchinson, Kansas. She was also highly active in community organizations, such as the local NAACP branch and Our Lady of Guadalupe Church. Frances Tomlin and George Robinson had two sons, Warren and George. Warren was the family's third generation to be a Hutchinson firefighter; grandfather G. W. Robinson was the first African American fireman in Wichita. George worked at the Topeka branch of the Kansas Office of Economic Opportunity.
.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Scope and Contents
The Papers of France Tomlin date from 1941 to 1989 and are arranged in a single series. The Papers include such items as clippings, letters, programs, and newletters. The majority of the items are photocopies. Folder arrangement is alphabetical by subject.
Photographs from the Collection are located at RH MS-P 1032. Copy negatives are available for two of the images.
RH MS 1032
RH MS-P 1032
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Frances Tomlin, 1989
- Guide to the Frances Tomlin Collection
- Frances Tomlin papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; revised by skt, 2010; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007; revised by mbw, 2009; revised by skt, 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Frances Tomlin Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1032, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries