"Kansas in Transition: Human Dimensions of Community Change" project records
Correspondence, surveys, notes, itineraries, news releases, unedited transcripts of the forums, and other related materials from "Kansas in Transition--The Human Dimension," a jointly funded Kansas Committee for the Humanities-University of Kansas Museum of Art project exploring the general theme of communities transitioning in Kansas in the 1970s.
- 1973 - 1974
- Enyeart, James (Photographer, Person)
- Kansas Committee for the Humanities (Sponsor, Organization)
- University of Kansas. Museum of Art (Issuing body, Organization)
- Evans, Terry, 1944- (Photographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Glass plate and flexible negative originals are only issued if the curator or head of Public Services gives permission.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of the "Kansas in Transition" project
The Kansas Committee for the Humanities, the state-based program of the National Endowment for the Humanities, provided a matching grant to the University of Kansas Museum of Art to fund a series of forums and an exhibition of photographs by James Enyeart and Terry Evans. They explored the general theme, "Kansas in Transition: Human Dimensions of Community Change," for the funding year 1973-1974.
1.5 Linear Feet (2 boxes + 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
RH MS 180
RH MS MS-P 180
RH MS R69
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, James Enyeart, 1974 and 1975.
- Enyeart, James (Donor, Person)
- Guide to the James Enyeart Collection
- "Kansas in Transition: Human Dimensions of Community Change" project records
- Finding aid prepared by lgg, July 14, 1975. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by skt, 2010; mwh, 2019; dsw, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
"Kansas in Transition: Human Dimensions of Community Change" project records, RH MS 180, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States