Geneva Hall photograph album
This album, compiled by Geneva Hall, includes photographs and some clippings depicting African American life on 15th and Quincy in Topeka, Kansas during the early part of the twentieth century.
- approximately 1900-1950
- Hall, Geneva (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 box + 1 flat box)
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The Geneva Hall photograph album dates from approximately the first half of the 20th century and consists of a single album containing pictures and some clippings. The majority of the images are black and white and unidentified on the page. The album itself has a black cover on which embossed gold lettering reads "Photographs"; the pages are black paper and the whole is tied together with a black cord. Loose photographs have been removed from the album and foldered according to their original placement within the album.
RH PH 502
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, William Tarleton, 2006.
- Guide to the Geneva Hall Collection
- Geneva Hall photograph album
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Geneva Hall Collection, Kansas Collection, RH PH 502, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States