Reminiscences of early days in Missouri and the Civil War.
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P167
Relates experiences on farm near Osceola, Missouri, in pre-Civil War days. Describes the family's move to Illinois to escape Confederate sentiments. Gives some details of his brother's experiences in the war. Mentions Lincoln's death and its effect on the family.
- before 1960
- Upton, Charles G. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (6 pages, 28cm; Typewritten, carbon copy)
RH MS P167
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift. George L. Anderson, 1960.
- Guide to the Charles G. Upton Collection
- Reminiscences of early days in Missouri and the Civil War.
- kpz 21 March 1973 mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Charles G. Upton Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P167, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas