This collection consists of editorial cartoons treating the campaign for President of the United States, 1960, and the Kennedy Administration, 1960-1963.
- 1960 - 1963
- Kaberline, Marie L., 1907-1992 (Compiler, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
4 boxes (3,183 items)
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The editorial cartoons in this collection were published in newspapers subscribed to by the Luce Press Clippings, Inc. clipping service. The clippings reflect the editorial opinions of the cartoonists regarding the candidates seeking their party's nomination for President of the United States in 1960, the presidential campaigns of John F. Kennedy and Richard M. Nixon, and the Kennedy Administration, 1960-1963. The cartoons are included in four boxes, approximately two feet. They are in a rough chronological order dating from the presidential primary campaigns to Kennedy's assassination, and treat most of the events of the Kennedy presidency.
RH MS 214
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Marie L. Kaberline, March,1977
Nucmc: MS 80-374
- Editorial cartoons -- United States
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 -- Caricatures and cartoons
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913 -1994 -- Caricatures and cartoons
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1960 -- Caricatures and cartoons
- United States -- History -- Humor
- Guide to the Marie L. Kaberline Collection
- Editorial Cartoons
- lgg 21 March 1977 mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Marie L. Kaberline Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 214, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States