Shirley Brown papers
The Shirley Brown papers are those of a long time Lawrence, Kansas resident.
- Brown, Shirley (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Shirley Brown
Shirley Brown was the niece of trombone musician Paul "Stump" Anderson Evans. She married John Brown Iii.
Scope and Contents
The Shirley Brown papers date from 1905 to 1969 and consist of biographical information and clippings. Photographs from the Collection are located at RH MS-P P839. Copy negatives are available for all images.
RH MS P839
RH MS-P P839
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Shirley I. Brown, 1990.
- Guide to the Shirley Brown Collection
- Shirley Brown papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008. Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2008; revised by mrm, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Shirley Brown Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P839, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries