Selola Lewis papers
The Selola Lewis papers are those of a teacher who worked at Dermot School, the last one-room school in Kansas.
- 1954 - 1990
- Lewis, Selola B., 1927? (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Selola B. Lewis
Selola "Sally" B. Lewis was born about 1927. She began teaching in Morton County, Kansas in 1953, working at Dermot School until her retirement. With Lewis' 1990 retirement, Dermot, Kansas' last one-room school, closed.
Selola and Ernest Lewis have four children: Bob, Mike, Shari, and Barbara.
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The Papers of Selola Lewis date from 1954 to 1990, are arranged in a single series, and consist of items relating to Dermot School (such as clippings and programs) and Lewis' time there (cards and retirement information). Folder arrangement is alphabetical. Photographs from the Collection are located at RH MS-P P823.
RH MS P823
RH MS-P P823
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Selola B. Lewis, 1990
- Guide to the Selola Lewis Collection
- Selola Lewis papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007; revised by mbw, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Selola Lewis Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P823, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States