Papers of Viola L. (Tyree) Lisben
The Viola L. (Tyree) Lisben Papers are those of a longtime Kansan who graduated from the Douglass Hospital nurse training program and served as a nurse in the Kansas City area.
- 1930 - 1970
- Lisben, Viola Tyree (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Viola L. (Tyree) Lisben
Viola L. Tyree was a student nurse at Douglass Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas. She graduated in 1931 and worked as a nurse in the Kansas City area. Tyree later married a Mr. Lisben.
0.75 Linear Feet (2 boxes + 2 folders, 1 oversize folder)
Scope and Contents
The Viola L. (Tyree) Lisben Papers date from 1930 to 1970 and consist of such items as clippings, certificates, degrees, licenses, and a nursing hat and pins. The clippings are all photocopies. Photographs from the Collection are located at RH MS-P P567. Oversize materials are at RH MS Q79. Other items are at RH MS VLT P567.
RH MS P567
RH MS-P P567
RH MS Q79
RH MS VLT P567
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Viola Tyree Lisben, 1987.
- Guide to the Viola Tyree Lisben Collection
- Papers of Viola L. (Tyree) Lisben
- Finding aid prepared by tc, 1988; Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004; revised by mbw, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Viola Tyree Lisben Collection, RH MS P567, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries