Nora Wallingford papers
The Nora Wallingford papers are those of a native Kansan and part of the Atchison County farming community.
- [between 1970 and 1979]
- Wallingford, Nora, 1887- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Nora Wallingford
Nora Wallingford was born in 1887 in Kansas. She married Charles Wallingford, who's family moved to Kansas from Kentucky. The couple owned a farm in the "Number 20 district" (the local school district) of Atchison County; during the Dust Bowl they lost the farm but were later able to buy land in the same area. The couple's eldest son, Kenneth, continued to work the 330-plus acre farm and his son, Kenneth Jr, followed him.
Scope and Contents
The Nora Wallingford Papers date from the 1970s; they consist of clippings photocopies. The single photograph from the collection is located at RH MS-P P719.
RH MS P719
RH MS-P P719
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Nora Wallingford, 1988.
100th anniversary of Ebenezer Baptist Church of Atchison ... March 26, 1877 to March 26, 1977. [Atchison, Kan.? : The Church?, 1977?] at RH D6173, Spencer Library (Kansas Collection).
- Guide to the Nora Wallingford Collection
- Nora Wallingford papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; revised by, cl 2010; revised by skt, 2010 Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007; revised by skt, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Nora Wallingford Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P719, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries