Personal papers of Elmer S. Riggs
Riggs graduated from the University of Kansas with an A.M. in Paleontology in 1896 and worked as a preparator and Curator of Paleontology at the Field Museum (Chicago, IL) from 1898-1942. This collection consists of a scrapbook of photographs of exhibits in the Field Museum from when Riggs worked there.
- 1898 - 1928
- Riggs , Elmer S., 1869-1963 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 volume (1 oversize volume)
Language of Materials
Riggs donated the scrapbook to the KU Alumni Association in May 1941. It was later transferred to the University Archives.
- Field Museum of Natural History -- Photographs
- Guide to the Elmer S. Riggs Collection
- Personal papers of Elmer S. Riggs
- Finding aid prepared by ad, 2005. Finding aid encoded by ad, 2005. Finding aid revised by mes and mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Personal papers of Elmer S. Riggs, University Archives, PP 96, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States