Personal Papers of Charles S. Skilton
Skilton was Dean of the School of Fine Arts at the University of Kansas from 1903-1941. This collection consists of musical compositions, correspondence, programs, phonograph records, and scrapbooks containing items of interest.
- 1894 - 1941
- Skilton, Charles Sanford, 1868-1941 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Charles S. Skilton
Skilton received his A.B. from Yale in 1889. He joined the faculty of KU as the Dean of the School of Fine Arts and as a Professor of History of Fine Arts in 1903. He also taught Organ and Theory of Music. He died in 1941.
4 Linear Feet (5 boxes + 4 oversize boxes and 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Bonhams & Butterfields, 2005
- Guide to the Charles S. Skilton Collection
- Personal Papers of Charles S. Skilton
- Finding aid prepared by ad, 2005; mt, 2008; revised by cl, 2010. Finding aid encoded by ad, 2005. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2017.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Charles S. Skilton Collection, University Archives, PP 460, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States