Personal papers of Fritz Heider
Fritz Heider taught Social Pyschology at the University of Kansas from 1947-1966. This collection includes early diaries, notes for his autobiography and other personal materials, psychology notebooks, publications and papers, and research information.
- 1907 - 1983
- Heider, Fritz, 1896-1988 (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English and German with a certicate from a visit to Italy in Italian
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Fritz Heider
Fritz Heider received his Ph.D. from Graz University in Austria in 1920. He joined the University of Kansas faculty in 1947. His ideas and theories about social psychology made him internationally known. He was named a University Distinguished Professor in 1965 and retired in 1966. He died in 1988.
24 Linear Feet (38 boxes + 1 oversize box, 3 oversize folders)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, Grace Heider, 1988; John Heider, 2009.
- Guide to the Fritz Heider Collection
- Personal papers of Fritz Heider
- Finding aid prepared by ad, 2005. Addition by tw, 2010; revised by skt, 2010; mlh, 2011; caf, 2012. Finding aid encoded by ad, 2005; revised by skt, 2010; mlh, 2011, caf, 2012; imf, 2013.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Personal papers of Fritz Heider, University Archives, PP 343, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas