Personal papers of Henry A. Shenk
Identifier: PP 211
The papers of Henry A. Shenk are primarily composed of notes, journals and reports affiliated with the American Association for Health, Physical Education and Recreation.
- 1933 - 1971
- Shenk, Henry A., 1906-1989 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Henry Shenk
Henry Shenk (1906-1989) was a football player and, later, head football coach (1943-1945) for the University of Kansas. He also acted as Chair for the Department of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation at the University of Kansas from 1941-1972. Shenk retired from the University in 1976 and was awarded the Fred Ellsworth Medallion in 1979. Upon his death in 1989, Shenk was buried at Pioneer Cemetery on the University of Kansas’s Lawrence campus. Shenk Sports Complex, a series of intramural fields at KU’s West Campus location in Lawrence, was named in honor of Henry Shenk.
4 Linear Feet (4 boxes)
- Guide to the Henry A. Shenk Collection
- Personal papers of Henry A. Shenk
- Finding aid prepared by mrm, 2011; Finding aid encoded by mrm, 2011; revised by sda, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Personal Papers of Henry A. Shenk, University Archives, PP 211, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries