University of Kansas Continuing Education records
The Division of Continuing Education offers traditional classroom, online, credit, and non-credit courses and training for conventional, non-traditional, and developing professional students. Opportunities include the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center, the Kansas Fire and Rescue Training Institute, as well as courses designed for aerospace engineers, lawyers, nurses, educators, managers, and firefighters.
- University of Kansas. Division of Continuing Education (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Some series in this record group will require permission from the office of origin before use. Personnel and student records are closed in accordance with applicable law. All requests are subject to review by the Archives staff to determine accessibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
188.75 Linear Feet (209 boxes + 23 books, 3 folders )
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the following series:
- General. Includes Artificial records, news releases, clippings, scrapbooks, calendars, proceedings and publications of conferences and institutes and instructional publications.
- Correspondence. Includes correspondence of administration, the Assistant to the Dean and the Administrative Officer.
- Adult Life Resource Center
- Audio-Visual Center
- Independent Study
- Extension. Includes Regional Centers.
- Classes. Includes approval of classes and data sheets.
- Student Records
- Institute of Public Affairs
- Conferences, institutes
- Project Folders (financial)
- Event Report Folders
- Civil Defense
- Kansas Adult Educational Association
- National Organizations
- Tape and Video Recordings
- Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center
University Archives continues to add material to this collection on a regular basis.
The Collection Description was current as of February 14, 2011.
- Guide to the Records of the University of Kansas
- University of Kansas Continuing Education records
- Finding aid prepared by jtf, 2005, updated by lmb, 2011; Finding aid encoded by jtf, 2005.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
University of Kansas Continuing Education records, University Archives, RG 31, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States