Helen Holmes Papers
The Helen (Lambert) Holmes Papers are those of a long time Wichita, Kansas resident. They focus on her father, Detective William "Bill" Lambert, and uncle Jim Gordon a member of the quartet The Four Tunes.
- Holmes, Helen Lambert (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Helen (Lambert) Holmes
Helen (Lambert) Holmes was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William "Bill" Lambert. Bill Lambert (1897-1961) worked as a Wichita, Kansas policeman and detective from 1942 to 1960. The Lamberts had a son and a daughter, Helen.
1 linear foot (1 box + 1 folder)
Scope and Contents
The Helen (Lambert) Holmes Papers date from 1980 and consist of a photocopy of a magazine and a record. The Collection's one photograph is located at RH MS-P 1136.
RH MS 1136
RH MS-P 1136
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Helen Holmes, 1988
- Guide to the Helen Holmes Collection
- Helen Holmes Papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008; revised by eear, 2013 Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Helen (Lambert) Holmes Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1136, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries