Philip Olmstead Company business papers
P.D. Olmstead owned and operated a contracting business in Lawrence, Kansas from 1925-1968. He built several buildings on the University of Kansas campus. This collection encompasses his business records, predominantly client and vendor account files filed by individual or business name, as well as architectural drawings and plans related building projects and personal family photographs.
- 1890-1975 (bulk 1920s-1966)
- Olmstead, Philip D. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
19.5 Linear Feet (36 boxes + 89 oversize folders)
Scope and Contents
The bulk of the collection consists of Philip Olmstead's business records from his contracting business. Files may include building specifications, correspondence, and photographs, and are mostly grouped in loose chronological order.
Photographs in the collection, located at RH MS-P 956, are a mix of images of Olmstead's work and personal family photos. There are additionally architectural drawings, plans, and specifications located at RH AD 1, mostly for residences Olmstead's business built in Lawrence, Kansas, as well some commercial projects.
RH MS 956
RH MS-P 956
RH AD 1
Previously shelved at RH MS 179.
- Guide to the P.D. Olmstead Collection
- Philip Olmstead Company business papers
- Finding aid prepared by st, 2007; revised by cl, 2010. Finding aid encoded by st, 2007.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Philip Olmstead Company business papers, RH MS 956, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas