Freedom Coalition collection
Freedom Coalition, a grass-roots civil rights organization based in Lawrence, Kansas, worked to ensure that all people in Lawrence are free from social and institutional oppression and legal discrimination, regardless of sexual orientation. The collection includes records of the organization and collected from individual members, as well as assorted articles and material related to sexual orientation issues.
- Creation: 1970 - 2003
- Freedom Coalition (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
6.25 Linear Feet (8 document cases + 5 oversize boxes, 6 oversize folders)
Language of Materials
RH MS 697
RH MS 1115
RH MS Q156
RH MS R226
RH MS R242
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, Freedom Coalition, 1996, 2008; Christine Robinson, 1997, 1998, 1999; Ben Zimmerman, 1997, 2003.
- Guide to the Freedom Coalition Collection
- Freedom Coalition collection
- Finding aid prepared by rh, 2006; revised by dd, 2008. Finding aid encoded by rh, 2006; revised by dd, 2008; mwh, 2017.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Freedom Coalition collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 697, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas