Caleb Demuth Agnew photographs of Mervyn A. Anderson
The collection contains twenty-four glass negatives of Mervyn Anderson taken by her father, Caleb Demuth Agnew, in Creston, Iowa. All negatives have corresponding prints made by Spencer Research Library photo archivist staff after the collection was given to the Library.
- Creation: 1899-approximately 1920
- Agnew, Caleb Demuth, 1871-1953 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Glass plate and flexible negative originals are only issued if the curator or head of Public Services gives permission.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Caleb Demuth Agnew
Caleb Demuth Agnew was born July 11, 1871 in Licking County, Ohio, son of Samuel Agnew of Ohio and Almira Demuth, an immigrant from Alsace-Lorraine. Agnew moved to Creston, Iowa in 1886. In 1893 he married Daisy Mae Vickers. In 1897 he established a photography studio in Creston. He died in Eagle Rock, California May 24, 1953.
.5 Linear Feet (2 boxes) ; Glass plates are 5 x 7 inches.
Language of Materials
RH PH 15
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mervyn Anderson, August, 1978
- Guide to the Caleb Demuth Agnew Collection
- Caleb Demuth Agnew photographs of Mervyn A. Anderson
- Finding aid prepared by smc, September 1978, kh 1979. Finding aid encoded by rw, 2008. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Caleb Demuth Agnew photographs of Mervyn A. Anderson, RH PH 15, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas