Replica of the First Dragoon Guidon
Replica guidon-style flag, top portion made of red cloth and bottom portion made of white cloth. White felt letters sewn onto the top state "US DRAGOONS," and there is a red felt "A" at the bottom of the flag. Lined with gold silk fringe sewn around the edge. A handwritten label stating "A Replica of the First Dragoon Guidon Carried by the troops who built Fort Scott in 1842" has been retained with the flag.
- Other: [original from 1842; undated replica]
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 item : Cotton canvas with felted cloth, silk fringe. ; 106 cm x 78 cm
Language of Materials
Hanging Storage T7
- Guide to the First Dragoon collection
- Replica of the First Dragoon Guidon
- Finding aid prepared by mwh, 2016. Finding aid encoded by mwh, 2016. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Replica of the First Dragoon Guidon, Hanging Storage T7, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.