Sir George Alexander letters
Sir George Alexander (1858-1918) was a British actor, producer and theater manager. Despite being intended for a career in commerce, Alexander entered the world of professional acting in 1879. This collection contains two letters by Alexander relating to his work in theater, as well as a short biographical clipping.
- Creation: 1905 and 1907
- Alexander, George, Sir, 1858-1918 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (3 leaves)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Maggs Bros Rare Books, June 27, 1966
Former SC temporary call number: MS (Box) 38: 15, 16
Former temporary collection name: Collection of 19th c. letters: Miscellaneous group of mainly English letters: mostly 19th c, some 20th c, a few 18th c.
Initial processing done by alh, October 19, 1966.
- Guide to the Sir George Alexander Letters
- Sir George Alexander letters
- Finding aid prepared by mt, 2008, Finding aid encoded by mt, 2008. Finding aid revised by ksc, 2008.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Sir George Alexander letters, Department of Special Collections, MS P655, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas