Letter to Sir John Philippart
Frederick George Barton (born 1817) was a curate in the mill town of Ossett, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England. He was also the author of Religion in Heart and Life (1854). In this letter he writes to Sir John Philippart (circa 1784-1875) to renew connections between the families and to tell Sir John that he is having his publishers, Wertheim and McIntosh, send him a copy of his book.
- Creation: January 4, 1853
- Barton, Frederick George, 1817- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (2 leaves in 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Maggs Bros Rare Books, June 27, 1966.
Former SC temporary call number: MS (Box) 38: 2, formerly part of temporary collection "Collection of 19th c. letters: Miscellaneous group of mainly English letters: mostly 19th c, some 20th c, a few 18th c."
- Guide to the Frederick George Barton Letter
- Letter to Sir John Philippart
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2008. Finding aid encoded by mab, 2008.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Letter to Sir John Philippart, MS P660, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas