Letter to Stratford Canning, Viscount Stratford de Redcliffe
George Cautley (1807?-1880), a clergyman and scholar, writes to Stratford Canning, Viscount Stratford de Redcliffe (1780-1880), a diplomat, about activities in his neighborhood and expresses hope that the Viscount's wife's health will improve. Cautley also shares his plans to publish a translation of the Emblems of Alciati, asks about the Viscount's literary work and gives reviews of a few recently published works.
- January 6, 1784
- Cautley, George Spencer, 1807?-1880 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (1 leaf)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Maggs Bros Rare Books, June 27, 1966.
Formerly located at MS (Box) 38: 93, collection name "Collection of 19th c. letters: Miscellaneous group of mainly English letters: mostly 19th c, some 20th c, a few 18th c."
- Guide to the George Spencer Cautley Letter Collection
- Letter to Stratford Canning, Viscount Stratford de Redcliffe
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2008. Finding aid encoded by mab, 2008.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Letter to Stratford Canning, Viscount Stratford de Redcliffe, MS P671, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas