Jean François Champollion manuscript
Collection — Volume: 1
Call Number: MS P64
Volume regarding alphabet of phonetic hieroglyphs, written by the French scholar and philologist who deciphered Egyptian hieroglyphs in the early 1820s. Apparently a copy of a printed book. "Lettera a Dacier…relative all’alfabeto del geroglifici fonetici…da Champollion il giovane a Parigi Presso Firmino Didot…1822, prima traduzione Italiana di C. Vandoni 1824."
- 1824 or later
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 volume : Includes 4 plates of hieroglyphics. Paper.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to the Jean François Champollion Manuscript Collection
- Jean François Champollion manuscript
- Finding aid prepared by alh, 1963. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Jean François Champollion manuscript, Department of Special Collections, MS P64, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas