Assorted legal documents from Continental Europe
A collection of unrelated legal documents from different countries and other political entities in continental Europe, dating from approximately the 1300s to the early 1800s. Documents come from Germany, Austria, the Holy Roman Empire, Iberia, Italy, France, Belgium, and unknown geographic locations.
- 14th century-early 19th century
Language of Materials
Latin, German, Spanish, Italian, French
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case)
These documents were acquired separately at different times by staff at the Kenneth Spencer Research Library. Many were placed together in a letter-file prior to 1963 and at that time moved to MS 12/4. Others were acquired later and added to the grouping. In October 1991 all were transferred to MS 220.
- Guide to the Continental European Legal Documents Collection
- Assorted legal documents from Continental Europe
- Finding aid prepared by alh, June 27, 1979; revised by ksc, Dec 12, 2006. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2005. Revised by mwh, 2019.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Assorted legal documents from Continental Europe, MS 220, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.