Sumerian Cuneiform Tablets
- approximately 2112-529 BC
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 box (10 tablets)
Other Finding Aids
See the attached for a detailed list by numbered section and item.ksrl.sc.cuneiformtablets.pdf. Transcription and translation by Professor Tom B. Jones, U. of Minnesota.
Note: The short list contains in addition the original descriptions of Edgar J. Banks; but these often differ markedly from Jones' more recent descriptions.
Page 18 of the PDF document is a diagram of the box.
Another copy of the short list, and of the box-diagram, is laid in the large compartment in the box.
10 tablets bought from Edgar J. Banks, ca. 1915. 1 tablet from the estate of Kate I. Hansen, received 1969.
- Sumerian and Akkadian cuneiform texts in the collection of the World Heritage Museum of the University of Illinois. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1972-
Box made by wlm in 1972.
- Guide to the Cuneiform Tablets Collection
- Sumerian Cuneiform Tablets
- Finding aid prepared by alh, March 6, 1973. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Cuneiform Tablets Collection , Department of Special Collections, MS Q4, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries